6 Most Common Plumbing Problems
Plumbing problems can be an inevitable part of owning a home. While some plumbing problems can be more serious than others, many are a result of normal wear and tear experienced from everyday use. Here at High Priority Plumbing, we’ve seen and fixed all types of plumbing problems — big and small alike! Here are six of the most common plumbing problems our team of experts usually experience.
- Running Toilets: Did you know that a running toilet can waste up to 200 gallons of water a day?! Don’t let your money go down the drain with a running toilet! Most running toilet problems are easy to fix. The most common fixes for this problem are replacing a warped or broken flapper, getting a new chain, or readjusting the float. These are all relatively easy and inexpensive fixes. If you have questions or concerns then our team of dedicated plumbing specialists are here to help YOU!
- Dripping Faucets: Leaky faucets are more than just annoying. They waste money and water by sending gallons of water down the drain every day. Some causes of a dripping faucet include mineral deposits, corrosion, and broken or failing parts including washers, gaskets, and O-rings.
- Low Shower Pressure: Does your shower give you a drizzle when you need a strong stream of water? If you are experiencing low water pressure with cold and hot water, the aerator is likely clogged. You could consider removing limescale buildup from the faucet or showerhead. Check out our How to Fix and Prevent Low Shower Pressure blog for more detailed information on how to prevent low water pressure. If that doesn’t fix the problem, then you may need the help of one of our professional plumbers. There is always the possibility that you could have a hidden leak or some other problem causing you to lose pressure.
- Clogged Drains: Drainage problems can cause health hazards and even plumbing disasters if they’re not addressed quickly! In general: One slow or clogged drain in a home usually means that a problem is localized to that area of the home. The most common source of these drain clogs is when hair, soap, and other foreign objects have built up in a drain over time. Routine drain cleaning can be the ideal solution for addressing this issue. For more information about Stoppages and How to Avoid Them check out our blog entry!
- Garbage Disposal Issues: While garbage disposals are a convenient appliance, you must treat them with care to keep them running smoothly. Some common causes of a garbage disposal jam include running it without water, disposing of inappropriate food items like potato skins and cornhusks or foreign objects like silverware. If hitting the reset button doesn’t work, you should give our team of trained professionals a call!
- Clogged Toilet: If the toilet bowl fills up to the brim and doesn’t drain, there is a good chance that your toilet is clogged. Clogging can happen for a myriad of reasons. These reasons include pieces of tissue paper you try to flush, human waste and non-flushable toiletry items such as feminine products. Toilet clogging can easily be fixed with a plunger. If the plunger does not work, try using a drain auger. If none of the techniques work, one of our professional plumbers will be able to help!
There are no plumbing problems you experience that our team has not worked with first hand! Many of the most common problems can be fixed with minimal work on your part! However, if you are experiencing difficulty with fixing any of these common plumbing problems OR you are interested in learning more about them, then please contact one of our 24-hour plumbers. We would love to help you save both your time and money!