8 Plumbing Tools You Need in Your Toolbox
A home isn’t complete without a handy toolbox that you can rely on for all of your home repair needs. Whether you like to tackle DIY projects on a daily basis or if you just find yourself doing a few minor repairs here and there, there are a few essential plumbing tools that our McDonough plumbers believe you should have inside of your toolbox. Check out these 8 tools and why they are essential below.
- Pipe Wrench: When it comes to tightening and loosening fittings and nuts, a pipe wrench is your go-to tool!
- Basic Wrench: This is a tool that is used to tighten and loosen nuts on sinks and faucets. This tool is perfect for when you are trying to fix a dripping faucet or leak.
- Hacksaw: Trying to cut through metal and plastic pipes isn’t always the easiest task, but a hacksaw can help! A hacksaw will allow you to cut through not only plastic or metal pipes, but can also be used to cut through screws, nuts, bolts and other hardware.
- Pliers: Grab, twist, pull hold, tighten and loosen with this all-encompassing tool! Pliers are a must in every toolbox!
- Tubing Cutter: When it comes time to cut copper pipes you will definitely want to have one of these on hand! This will ensure a smooth and even cut just about every time.
- Plumbing Tape: This is also known as Teflon tape and this tape provides a reliable seal for preventing leakage of liquids and gases. Unlike putty, plumbing tape holds under and a significant amount of pressure. You will need this when you are putting pipes back together.
- Plunger: This one might not fit in your toolbox, but we can all agree a plunger is absolutely essential! This is a must-need item for every household so you’re not out of luck when a clogged toilet occurs.
- Toilet Auger: This tool is used in case the plunger fails and is sometimes referred to as a drain snake. It works by being fed into your toilet’s opening and then unclogging the toilet when you pull it out. It may cost a bit more than a plunger, but when a clog is several feet down in your pipes, an auger will become your best friend!
Contact Your 24 Hour McDonough Plumber
While there is a sense of pride in DIY plumbing, some things are better if left to professionals! If you have a plumbing job that is just too much to handle — give us a call! If you have any questions or if you are interested in one of our many services, then you can contact one of our Stockbridge Plumbers at 770.860.8110.