A new year is a great time to develop new habits and set goals for yourself and your family for the coming year! We think part of everyone’s resolutions should be initiatives to take better care of yourself, your family and friends, and your home. This includes your plumbing too! So what can you do to ensure your plumbing functions better this year? We came up with a list of 8 household maintenance goals that you can do to help avoid any plumbing disasters and save you more time and money in the long run!
- Don’t Ignore Little Problems! That pesky leaky faucet, pooling water around a toilet, or weird banging sounds from pipes can all be the small signs of bigger problems. When it comes to plumbing, most problems aren’t a big deal… until they are. It’s always best to catch them early on! So fix that leaky faucet, unclog that slow drain, and pay attention to those banging pipes!
- Quit Treating Your Toilet Like A Trashcan. Your toilet is not a dumpster. Flushing things such as Q-Tips, hair, tissues, wet wipes, plastic medication containers, feminine products, and more should not be tossed in the toilet to be flushed later. Try putting a trash can right next to your toilet instead, just in case you’re ever tempted.
- Get Some Drain Guards. A few dollars spent now will save you a big headache down the line. Drain guards are non-intrusive, cost-effective, and they can help you keep clog-causers from sliding down your drain. Who knew something so small could save you so much?!
- Be Kind To Your Garbage Disposal! Remember that garbage disposals, like toilets, are not garbage cans. Don’t put coffee grounds, fibrous vegetables, bones, pits, or other items that can damage the blades down the disposal. Never pour oils or grease down your disposal either, because once it cools, it will solidify. That will be bad. Also, be sure to run water whenever you use your disposal to eliminate waste buildup. Remember, if you’re nice to your garbage disposal then it’ll be nice to you!
- Cut Down On Your Water Usage. It’s easy to scale back on how much water you use on a daily basis. Even simple adjustments such as turning the water off when brushing your teeth can save you as many as 3,000 gallons of water a year. Do the world (and your wallet!) a favor by paying more attention to the amount of water you use!
- Give Your Water Heater the Attention It Deserves. Water heaters are easy to forget about for many people because you barely ever see them. Make sure you get your water heater properly flushed with the help of a professional at least once per year.
- Keep Your Pipes Cozy! Pipe insulation is a necessity that many homeowners don’t think about until it’s too late. Even in warmer climates, making sure your pipes have insulating sleeves in case of especially cold winters can be a small investment that saves you a big headache down the line.
- Know The Best Company To Call In Case Of Emergency! In our opinion, that would be us! Our team at High Priority Plumbing has the experience, know-how, and technology to solve any plumbing problem you may face both quickly and efficiently! We would love to help you save both your time and money!
We service all of Georgia with technicians living throughout the state. The next time you need an honest, quality-providing master plumber, contact High Priority Plumbing and Services, Inc. and let our Atlanta plumber team prove to you that “Our Customers Are Our Priority.”